Hal Changes: volume.policy what is the replacement?

Dietmar Kling dietmar.kling at sam-net.de
Sat Apr 1 06:32:34 PST 2006

Hi,

after my upgrade to fedora core 5 my perfectly working hal setup
with a volume.policy.desired_mount_point stopped working.

after some digging i discovered that this useful feature was removed.

Is there a replacement for this feature?
Why did you remove it?

Because now weird things happen in my KDE. E.g. that when one unomounted
usb volume is connected and i connect a new one, the previously already
mounted usb volume gets mounted and the second one fails completly
when i say yes to mount volume in the KDE enviroment.

Can anybody give a hint what to do?

Kind Regards
Dietmar