Video PM methods

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 16:32:20 PDT 2006

As discussed last week, we should move the display matching to HAL so we
can match video devices using fdi files.

I've attached two method scripts (for suspend and resume) and an fdi
file. It only matches on Intel 855GM (change this to whatever), but if
you drop the files into your hal install this stuff just works.

I can suspend and resume the video on my laptop using a simple DBUS
method:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal \
    /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_3582
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.VideoAdapterPM.SuspendVideo

I've attached the files for comments.

Richard.