battery.technology, take 2

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:56:09 PDT 2006

2006/8/3, Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka at web.de>:
> On Thursday 03 August 2006 18:21, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> > 2006/8/3, Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka at web.de>:
> [...]
> > > Btw. I think currently about a utils-pm.c/h or something like that, to
> > > move _all_ the battery related stuff (functions and objects) to an own
> > > file, because this stuff is only used by acpi/pmu atm (+ maybe apm in the
> > > future) and not needed in any other part of HAL than for battery
> > > handling.
> >
> > you should take a look at my mail (Common Power Management...) for the
> > UPS side, and future power extensions.
> [...]
>
> IMO this has nothing to do with what I proposed above. I only think about move
> all battery/pm related helperfunctions from utils.c/h to a own file. This is
> more a code design issue than anything other.

IMHO, that has just to do with splitting code that will heavily be
enhanced/completed in a not so far future. So, you're right in stating
that it's just a matter of code design.

Anyway, I've just tried to give some more floating ideas about that
subject so that you get a better visibility on this...

Arnaud