0.5.8 goals and TODO list updated

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Aug 4 03:07:53 PDT 2006

Le vendredi 4 août 2006 02:09, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> and feel free to send mail if you
>
>  1. have additional items you think should be on the list
>
>  2. have comments about what we want to finish we 0.5.8. Specifically
>     it would be great if Richard or someone else could look at the
>     TODO about the VideoAdapterPM stuff - I haven't really followed it.

Not sure it fits in any of the above comment categories you provided, but
since I've one...

In the TODO you wrote:
"- Provide mechanism for making an application inhibit polling of a drive."

Shouldn't HAL use the Lock()/UnLock() mechanism for this? It's already here,
and as an application developer if I can get a device locked I would expect
it to be *exclusively mine*. It means that polling shouldn't occur while I
have the lock (also means that the eject button does nothing as you already
hinted). If we go with such a route the only work left is to make addons stop
polling a device when an application holds the lock on it.

Just my 0.02 <put your favorite currency here>.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."