execpath from fdi files

Arvind Ayyangar arvind.ayyangar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:57:17 PDT 2006

hi ppl,
i want my own program/script to executed when a device is inserted into the
system, something similar to what hald-0.5.7 does to mount a block device. i
think this is done by editing the fdi files. When are these programes
called/exected... Is all the data in the fdi files read in to a static data
structure and the methods invoked corresponding to the matching udi of the
device added or is read from the file later after the device node has been
added?

In case my question is not clear, plz do not hestitate to ask me to
elaborate... (I'll surely try to do better)

--
Regards
  ARviND AyyangaR

"Success is not measured by what a man accomplishes, but by the opposition
he has encountered, and the courage with which he maintained the struggle
against overwhelming odds."