[RFC] Add persistent storage capability to HAL

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Aug 18 03:23:08 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 11:14:53AM +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:

> What I would like to see is a property which show if a device was reloaded to
> the device store. Maybe a boolean "info.device_reloaded = true/false". This
> would IMO make debugging a lot easier (e.g. to find wrong reloaded devices,
> incorrect detected devices etc.)

Yup, that's no problem.

One question about semantics - if I save an object /without/ the
recursive flag, what should happen to previously saved children of that
object? I'm leaning towards thinking that they should be deleted. And if
an object is saved with the recursive flag, any children that no longer
exist should also be deleted. Does this sound sane?

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org