processor namespace

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Wed Aug 23 09:41:36 PDT 2006

Çarşamba 23 Ağustos 2006 19:26 tarihinde, Kay Sievers şunları yazmıştı:
> See this patch about CPU frequency scaling:
>   http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2006-August/005993.html

I know :), also using in our hal package for a while but (if im not missing
something again) in order to use this one must register to its methods.

What i mean is something like

libhal_device_get_property_string(
m_halContext, "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/acpi_CPU0", "processor.current_frequency",
&error );

so simple shell script may also use it with parsing lshal output.

> > http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/hal/hal/doc/spec/hal-spec.html?view=co&path
> >rev=HEAD#device-properties-processor
>
> That CVS repository is dead. HAL development happens in git:
>   http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=summary

Im also one of the customers of this repo :)

--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!