processor namespace

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Wed Aug 23 11:51:21 PDT 2006

Çarşamba 23 Ağustos 2006 20:44 tarihinde, Holger Macht şunları yazmıştı:
> The processor namespace is currently only valid for ACPI. And basically
> CPU frequency scaling has nothing to do with ACPI.

I see, but maybe we can add current_frequency and into processor namespace as
it is provided by /proc/cpuinfo [with making
hald/linux/acpi.d:get_processor_model_name more generic and moving into
hald/linux/util.c?]

> Hm, I think simple shell scripts can parse /sys/.../scaling_cur_freq
> manually?

Ok, here is what i want to do. Sorry for previous cryptic mails.

I'm trying to write a notification system [1] using libnotify, and for example
inform the user when frequency changed. So what i want to just connect to it
on bus and wait for a signal instead of polling. Or getting free size from
volumes, libhal provides volume.size, volume.block_size but not
volume.free_size.

So i just want to know is there any way to get these informations with hal
that currently i dont know, or will be included next releases or i have to
handle these :)

[1] http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/notifier.png

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!