Printer Ink levels and capabilities

Soren Hansen sh at linux2go.dk
Fri Aug 25 05:48:14 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 07:46:41AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Yes I think so too. How can we get the ink information for locally
> connected printers? Is this a cups thing?

I'm quite sure there's nothing in cups to handle this. It's all about
different command line utililites for each vendor. Very annoying.

> What about HP, Lexmark and the others?

I know that HP printers have a command line util to fetch the info.

--
| Soren Hansen    | Linux2Go                  | http://Linux2Go.dk/ |
| Seniorkonsulent | Lindholmsvej 42, 2. TH    | +45 46 90 26 42     |