power management in hal

Arvind Ayyangar arvind.ayyangar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:43:27 PDT 2006

hi ppl,
  my system runs 3 acpi related  threads for power management viz
[kacpid],/usr/sbin/acpid -c /etc/acpi/events -s /var/run/acpid.socket and an
addon thread created by hal.. How do these differ in their functionalities,
all are reading the events from the same events file (/proc/acpi/*/events)

Also, could someone plz tell me how the actions are taken when a power evnt
become critical i.i. battery has no charge etc. Hal just stores this data in
the device object created, no actions are taken in such conditions... Is
g-p-m responsible for that?

--
Regards
  ARviND AyyangaR

"Success is not measured by what a man accomplishes, but by the opposition
he has encountered, and the courage with which he maintained the struggle
against overwhelming odds."