HAL on OLPC (removing acpi, apm and pmu)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 11:28:13 PST 2006

Attached is a patch that removes the requirement to compile into hald
the apm, acpi or pmu hotplug backends. Machines like OLPC and 770 should
really use a slim, lightweight hal with as little unused code as
possible.

Adding these #ifdef's does the following on my test-B OLPC machine:
 - hald size 236k stripped (default)
 - hald size 210k stripped (--disable-acpi --disable-pmu --disable-apm)

On my i386 laptop, I get:
 - hald size 240k stripped (default)
 - hald size 232k stripped (--disable-pmu --disable-apm)

Adding ugly ifdef's is never a thing I like doing to source-code, but
for a trivial 12% space saving on embedded devices I think it's
worthwhile.

Comments?

Richard.