General Question

Soren Hansen sh at linux2go.dk
Tue Dec 19 07:16:31 PST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 03:54:31PM +0100, Soren Hansen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 02:45:42PM +0000, Martin Owens wrote:
> > unfortunately there is no way to tell two scanners apart that have the
> > same manufacturer and model id but require different firmware. this
> > then requires user input to select the correct model,
> How does the user tell the difference?

To clarify: Of course I'm aware that the two scanners probably do not
look the same so the user knows which of his scanners are which :-), but
if they're both plugged in, how does he know which scanner corresponds
to which USB device on his system?

--
| Soren Hansen    | Linux2Go                  | http://Linux2Go.dk/ |
| Seniorkonsulent | Lindholmsvej 42, 2. TH    | +45 46 90 26 42     |