RESOLVED: High load by HAL on Sun X4200

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Dec 21 11:11:51 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 17:55 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Should we just merge this FDI file to get things working? I think this
> needs to be done as a target to hal-info FWIW.

No, I think the problem is with either

 1. SCSI mid-layer + usb storage drives in Linux; or
 2. The hardware itself

and I don't think working around bad hardware is a good idea especially
if the user can disable it in his BIOS. It will just delay it getting
fixed properly.

Also, once we get ConsoleKit integration done we can change hal to poll
only every 30 secs or so if no user is logged in. That will probably
mask the problem enough such that users consider it "fixed".

      David