Issues with addon-storage

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
Fri Dec 22 09:43:31 PST 2006

Hi,

Le Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:35:13 -0500,
David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> a écrit :

> What happens is that when you remove a USB key is this

Ok, thanks for your explanations.

> You can check this using udevmonitor / lshal.

Ok, will do, in order to understand what's going on.

> My guess is that something is still mounted and that prevents the
> kernel from emitting the uevents for device removal. Does hald
> receive the uevents for device removal at all? Is something mounted?

Yes, the problem happens when some partitions of the USB key are still
mounted. However, this problem doesn't occur 100% of the time, even
when partitions are mounted.

When no partitions are mounted, the problem doesn't seem to occur at
all.

Concerning the uevents, I've uploaded the logs of hald at
http://lolut.utbm.info/~thomas/hal.log. Do you need more informations ?

> I committed Danny's reworked version of your patch. Thanks!

Thanks a lot.

Sincerly,

Thomas
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
http://{thomas,sos,kos}.enix.org - Jabber: thomas.petazzoni at jabber.dk
http://{agenda,livret}dulibre.org - http://www.toulibre.org
Fingerprint : 0BE1 4CF3 CEA4 AC9D CC6E  1624 F653 CB30 98D3 F7A7