KDE HAL Device Manager

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at uludag.org.tr
Sat Jan 7 06:35:06 PST 2006

Cumartesi 7 Ocak 2006 13:30 tarihinde, Kay Sievers şunları yazmıştı:
> I would not do it, cause two applications for which the only difference
> is the windowing toolkit does not really make sense. As said h-d-m is not
> to be used by end users.
>
> You may integrate the device view in some KDE management application
> which is also be able to actually do something useful with the devices
> like setting things up or store preferences for the devices. That would
> actually be very useful, but just adding the same h-d-m hack with gtk
> exchanged by Qt just gives us two version to support for a program
> nobody else than the few HAL developers is expected to use.

While its written in PyQt/KDE maybe author wants to convert this into a kcm
shell (PyKDEeXtension) and releases as a kinfocenter alternate?

--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at uludag.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.uludag.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!