Getting hal to invoke callouts

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Mon Jan 9 01:12:47 PST 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 00:20, Phillip Susi wrote:
> I did as you sugested and verified that info.callouts.add is set on the
> object with g-d-m, but my dump script is still not being called.  I have
> made sure that the script is world executable, and set my home directory
> to be world writable.  Do you have any more ideas?

How did you start HAL? Without --retrain-privileges? In this case IMO hald run
as user haldaemon (or something else), but not as user. Because of this hal
can't access your home for read/write (depending on your access rights).

Possible solutions:
- copy your script to a accessable dir (e.g. /tmp)
- start hal with --retain-privileges

Cheers,

Danny