usbraw

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Fri Jan 13 11:02:58 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:52:32AM -0800, Artem Kachitchkine wrote:
> Are you planning to update the spec?

Sure, but I'm waiting for the guy who run into trouble using the parent
device to set ACL's to grant access to users. If that solves the problem,
I will add it. But it will not contain any exciting things, just the name
of the category. :)

> I'm a bit behind Linux USB development, but we got a Solaris port of
> libusb and I want to make sure it's up to date. Which device driver
> exports this device node?

The USB core, which also provided usbfs in the past, but that we
don't use anymore, cause kernel device filesystems are no longer the
right thing to do for Linux. We just create real device nodes with udev
to be picked up by libusb, just in the same way the the /proc/bus/usb
nodes have been picked up in the past.

> >+	d = hal_device_new ();
> >+	hal_device_property_set_string (d, "linux.sysfs_path", sysfs_path);
> >+	hal_device_property_set_string (d, "info.parent", physdev->udi);
> >+	hal_device_property_set_string (d, "info.category", "usbraw");
> >+	hal_device_add_capability (d, "usbraw");
> >+	hal_device_property_set_string (d, "info.product", "USB Raw Device Access");

Kay