defining mount_root on a per device basis

Armijn Hemel armijn at uulug.nl
Mon Jan 23 14:59:17 PST 2006

hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to use a different mount point
root on a per device basis. Even though it might seem silly I do have a
use for it.

Anyway, I tried to set a particular value (namely "mount_root") in a seperate
policy file, but I didn't succeed in getting it to work. I tried to merge
the value
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer:storage.policy.default.mount_root
in my own fdi file (type="copy_property"), but this doesn't work.

Is there an easy way to get this to work or am I out of luck?

armijn