LCD Brightess support for ppc in HAL

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 08:33:44 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 09:53 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> > > I just fixed this in CVS - all helpers now have the working directory
> > > set to where the helper was found. Please test that it works.
> >
> > This does not work for me -- I get the following warning:
> >
> > runner.c: In function ‘run_request_run’:
> > runner.c:244: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘g_path_get_dirname’ from
> > incompatible pointer type
> >
> > Due to argv being gchar** and g_path_get_dirname expecting gchar*.
> >
> > Changing the input to g_path_get_dirname from r->argv to r->argv[0]
> > fixed this warning, and made the cwd work.
> >
> > Do you want me to patch this in CVS? I've attached a patch if you want
> > to do this yourself.
>
> Ah my bad.. Go ahead and commit the fix please and your patch. Thanks.

Done so, thanks.

Attached is a trivial patch that renames acpi_method to access_method
for the laptop_panel.

It is required as the access method can now be "pmu" which is nothing to
do with acpi. I'm not aware of this being used anywhere outside of HAL,
so we should be okay changing the key name.

Good to commit?

Richard.