fdi files device syntax

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 15:24:22 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 11:18 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> And Kay already got a patch for this....

Was this cc'd to the mailing list or is it early-stage stuff? I've
played for a couple of hours this evening, saving the xml data to a
n-ary tree and it's much quicker[1]:

Adding the FDI files[2] and compiling to a n-ary tree : 20ms
Checking for applicable rules after adding a device : 4ms

For reference the scan-every-file-every-time way of doing this takes
about 75ms, although it's not a fair comparison as my experimental n-ary
tree has too little error checking.

Kay, what was your method of caching and storing the tree?

Richard.

[1] On my 2.2 GHz notebook, so expect a large error.
[2] * information/10freedesktop/*
    * preprobe/10osvendor/*
    * policy/10osvendor/*