how to check if hal is ready

Marko Anastasov marko at marko.anastasov.name
Fri Mar 3 12:18:54 PST 2006

I don't know how it works when there are multiple volumes on a usb
stick. I have an mp3 player which has an mmc/sd card reader, and
although I don't have one of those cards, once I borrowed one from
a friend and as far as I can remember, those two volumes appeared
as if they don't have anything in common (from a 1 km perspective, at
least). I got curious now and I'm probably gonna try it again, one
of these days. If two volumes are actually partitions, then
I suppose they should belong to the same device (ie LibHalDrive).

If he needs two volumes to be ready, ie mounted, then I guess he's
not targeting every possible usb stick with a task to wait for all
n volumes to be mounted, and relying on device_added (to 'register'
the volumes) and property_modified (to know when and wait until
they're mounted - whenever that is) could do the job. They're all
there is, after all.

Marko

У пет, 03. 03 2006. у 10:36 -0800, Artem Kachitchkine пише: