haldaemon just dies, how to analyse ?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Mar 5 02:28:55 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm running Fedora Core 4 on an X86-64 system and haldaemon doesn't work on my
system. It seems to just die when it's started.
This is what I get when I start it manually :

=> /usr/sbin/hald --daemon=yes --verbose=yes
23:01:04.928 [I] hald.c:495: hal 0.5.2
23:01:04.928 [I] hald.c:497: Will daemonize
23:01:04.928 [I] hald.c:507: Becoming a daemon

After 25 seconds the process dies.
I can't find any messages in the logs that lead me to root cause.

I know by now that the rpms that I use run well on other boxes, so my guess is
that something on my box is causing the problem.
Someone have any ideas on what I can check ?

Regards,
Marcel