haldaemon just dies, how to analyse ?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Mar 5 15:19:33 PST 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 23:08, Artem Kachitchkine wrote:
> > Yet you have this script that was only added a few weeks ago:
> >> 'hal-system-storage-cleanup-mountpoints' err=Failed to execute child
> >> process
>
> Course I meant to say, you have fdi files that require this script.

I have smart handling my upgrades and somehow it installed different hal
versions of the i386 and X86-64 packages.
These where the hal related RPM's on my system :

hal-0.5.6-3.1.fc4.nr
hal-0.5.2-2.fc4.1
hal-devel-0.5.2-2.fc4.1

The first one is an i386 RPM and the 2nd/3rd is for X86-64. I downgraded the
first one to also 0.5.2 but still it wouldn't run.

So, next thing I tried is a full reinstall of all hal RPMS but still no fun
with hal :-(
It seems like things just stayed the same. Perhaps there are things on my
system that shouldn't be there, but where would I be able to find those ?

regards,
Marcel