Scanner buttons

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 03:03:15 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:25 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:16 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Do you want me to have a look at creating an addon, or do you want to do
> > this?
>
> Well I don't really have the time at the moment, but should be able to
> test any code. :)

Looking at the code, it's pretty trivial what each backend would do --
but I think we need different backends for each make, e.g.

hald-addon-usb-scanner-epson
hald-addon-usb-scanner-mustex
hald-addon-usb-scanner-plustec
etc.

In that way the addons can be kept really small with no configuration --
just launched per vid/pid via a fdi file.
We would probably need to merge in the button capability like we do with
the keyboard addon as we don't know the button types until they are
pressed.

Probably worth contacting the original author, asking for his help.

Richard.