Card-Reader Problem continued

Christian Haul c.haul at web.de
Tue May 16 10:20:12 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm having problems with HAL and an USB card-reader as can be read here
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2006-April/004991.html
The outcome of my post to the hal list was to consult the appropriate
linux kernel list.
I have done that as can be read here
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-users&m=114599989707419&w=2

The thread concluded in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-users&m=114616963518128&w=2

Alan Stern wrote:
> Notice that there is very little time between one command ending
> ("sleeping") and the next command starting ("awakened").  Apart from
> the one big interval between 440.450 and 440.836, the vast majority of
> the time in this log is spent carrying out the commands.
>
> This clearly indicates a problem in hald.  It has managed to poll an
> empty card reader 7 times during 515 ms.  That's a far cry from once
> every two seconds!

So, here I am back again needing help....

Any clues what could have gone wrong here?

TIA,
	Chris.