Hal issues with the new D-Bus

Timo Hoenig thoenig at suse.de
Fri Nov 3 00:49:26 PST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 21:56 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> I was doing a D-Bus release today and ran into issues with hal
> 0.5.8.1-4.  It seems that gnome-power-manager was segfaulting hald.  I
> was unable to track down the segfault but am holding off releasing the
> new D-Bus until I can make sure it is not a problem with libdbus itself.
> A couple of things I did notice was that   dbus_connection_close was
> called a few times in these files
>
> tools/hal-device.c
> tools/lshal.c

Those two are already fixed, see

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=commit;h=c85e02d58d6503b494bb4c8584a7c44ac6923208

> hald/linux/addons/addon-cpufreq.c

Holger can comment on that.

<snip>

> Can someone grab the D-Bus sources from CVS and help debug this?
> Thanks.

The development releases of OpenSUSE currently ship with D-Bus 0.94 and
HAL 0.5.8_git20061027.  We did not see severe problems.  If time allows
I will give D-Bus CVS HEAD a try in order to see what breaks.

Thanks,

   Timo