Dealing with suspend/resume failures

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Fri Nov 3 12:50:09 PST 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 18:34, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I think I already said that the desktop policy manager clears the file
> when it terminates so this is the same. I'm just proposing to cut false
> positives; it's not a big deal really, I can live without g-p-m calling
> SuspendClearLastError() when a session is unlocked, I just think it
> makes the system more robust. What do you think?

It's maybe better not to delete the file via desktop.

I would prefer a mechanism to maybe rename the file automatically (or
something like that) instead of delete the log.

The best would be if the tool wich call the suspend (as e.g. pm-utils) would
log to a file with date and time in the filename. By this you also can report
the information later and e.g. attach the logfile to a bugreport if you
ignore a message from the desktop. The old files can be deleted automatically
by pm-utils if there are e.g. more than 5 or 10 files or they can be handled
by logrotate.

Danny