Thermal Zones

Stu Hood stuhood at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 18:11:35 PST 2006

You're right, this needs to be partitioned more. I still think the
thermal_zone capability is a good idea, but the temperature data could be
made more useful if it was placed into the 'sensor' namespace. That way,
systems with ACPI could have an abstract thermal_zone device in HAL with the
capabilities 'thermal_zone' and 'sensor', and systems without ACPI could
still expose temperature data for physical devices with the 'sensor'
namespace.

I've posted v2 of the spec... which moves the temperature data into the
'sensor' namespace so that it can be more generally useful.

http://www.hoodidge.net/development/thermal_zone_v2.html

Stu Hood