Hal and fuse filesystem support

Florent Mertens flomertens at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 05:57:25 PDT 2006

Le jeudi 05 octobre 2006 à 22:37 -0400, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> This sounds like a file system driver / pmount bug to me.

Correction : s/pmount/my patched pmount/

> I think the
> pmount stuff and/or the Ubuntu GNOME uses eject(8) by default instead of
> just unmounting (which is very silly IMO), perhaps that's why. I'd
> suggest filing a bug with your distro.

That's right, but like martin said, there is a reason for that, and it's
work great with the official pmount.
Anyway, turning off this policy make device mounted with ntfs-3g unmount
cleanly.

> Btw, can you attach the output of 'mount' when the NTFS volume is
> mounted and you have write access? That will help answer my earlier
> question about what mount options are to be used. Thanks.

mount output for the NTFS device :
/dev/sda1 on /media/usbdisk type fuse
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)