Scanners in HAL, playing with .fdi

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Sep 7 09:41:15 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 17:22 +0100, Martin Owens wrote:
> Agreed so as long as we make it a caveat that scanners shouldn't be
> used in conjunction with each other.

Not sure we want that caveat but the reality is that sometimes hardware
is broken and as much as we want things just to work, there is little to
do about it.

Would still be interesting to see if it's possible to poke the device to
find out more, but, eh, that would actually require the setup you were
talking about (two different scanners yet with same vid and pid). Do you
have that setup?

    David