hal 0.5.8.1 released

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Sep 19 14:01:38 PDT 2006

Hi,

Here's a point release that fixes bugs found in 0.5.8 that was released
eight days ago. Download from

 http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/dist/hal-0.5.8.1.tar.gz

Thanks to everyone for a lot of testing. If there are more show-stoppers
we can always do 0.5.8.2. New feature work continues on HEAD.

    David

Changes:

David Zeuthen:
      fix race condition when unmounting a volume takes a very long time
      don't lock the .hal-mtab file at all when checking mount status on unmount
      don't update mount state until Unmount() returns
      fix stupid typo in syslog reporting for Mount()
      bump release to 0.5.8.1
      only install PolicyKit privilege files if we're using PolicyKit
      only require libvolume_id >= 061
      fixup NEWS file to list correct requirements, e.g. udev 089
      don't fail, print warning if ARPHRD_IEEE80211_{RADIOTAP,PRISM} is not defined
      fix up overflow of 32-bit variable when getting 64-bit value
      remove unneeded debug
      send changes in correct order for LibHalChangeSet
      remove dead code introduced by commit 0ae1aed74548fec563399d00100d621ce99b383b
      enable looking for data track on optical discs
      export Eject() even on discs where we can't detect a file system
      probe for partitions on data discs where we fail to detect an fs
      don't build Macbook Pro utils on non-x86
      update NEWS for 0.5.8.1

Holger Macht:
      fixed typos in cpufreq addon

S.Çağlar Onur:
      get ARPHRD_IEEE80211_RADIOTAP and similar from kernel, not glibc headers

Requirements for HAL 0.5.8.1

 - Linux kernel     >= 2.6.17
 - util-linux       >= 2.12r1
 - bash             >= 2.0
 - udev             >= 089
 - dbus             >= 0.60      (with glib bindings)
 - glib             >= 2.6.0
 - expat            >= 1.95.8
 - libusb           >= 0 0.1.10a (optional)
 - pciutils         >= 2.2.3     (optional
 - dmidecode        >= 2.7       (optional)
 - parted           == 1.7.1     (optional)
 - cryptsetup-luks  >= 1.0.1     (optional, needs LUKS patches)