Multiseat Support in HAL

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 22 08:44:29 PDT 2006

> That's pretty interesting. Just out of curiosity, does this mean that
> you don't use in-kernel USB storage / file system drivers for USB
> storage on Sun Ray?.

Yes, Sun Ray USB storage driver is in userland. The filesystem drivers
used are standard kernel drivers. So essentially what's being channeled
to the kernel is not USB frames, but data blocks.

 > Or can you actually channel the USB traffic to
 > kernel drivers that normally speaks to a USB host kernel driver?

No. It could be possible by writing a special USB HCI driver, I guess.

-Artem.