Crash with hal

Müllner Walter walter.muellner at telering.at
Sat Sep 30 09:35:15 PDT 2006

Hi,

after running with hal 0.5.7 (dbus 0.62 / udev 093) for a while now I
decided to update these to the newest and greatest versions available.

Unfortunately I am not able to run the HAL daemon now, because it quits
with 'Segmentation fault'.
I tried version 0.5.8 and 0.5.8.1 - same error.

Could someone please have a look at my problem? Thanks.

You can find the sylog output of the starting command
'hald --daemon=yes --verbose=yes --use-syslog' here:
http://www.ff-niederfellabrunn.at/wm/hal_syslog.txt.gz

The resulting processes caught with 'ps aux|grep hald' are shown here:
http://www.ff-niederfellabrunn.at/wm/hal_ps_aux.txt.gz

The output files of the command
'strace -o strace_hal -ff hald --daemon=yes --verbose=yes --use-syslog':
http://www.ff-niederfellabrunn.at/wm/strace_ff.tar.bz2

My system:

Modified OpenSuSE 10.0
Kernel: 2.6.17.13
dbus: 0.93
udev: 100
hal: 0.5.8.1

BTW: I also tried with the GIT version of hal as of today and attached the output
of './debug-hald.sh' and 'fdisk -l /dev/hda':

http://www.ff-niederfellabrunn.at/wm/debug.log.gz
http://www.ff-niederfellabrunn.at/wm/hda.log.gz

Any help would be appreciated.

Bye