Next CK release?

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:09:31 PDT 2007

2007/4/3, William Jon McCann <mccann at jhu.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/3/07, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there already a date for the next (0.2.1?) CK release?
> > Are there any not yet implemented new features that should go into the
> > next release or will it be a mostly bug fix only release?
>
> The feature that was blocking the release is now in git:
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=ConsoleKit.git;a=commit;h=80dc652115e275a95b05bb6809825cc324d9475a
>
> Please test it if you can.  I'll shoot for a release tomorrow.

Sure, no problem.
Seems to work fine so far.
Only problem I noticed is, that using the pam_ck_connector module, always
lists the session as ACTIVE=FALSE, is-local = FALSE:

Session1:
        uid = '1000'
        realname = 'Michael Biebl'
        seat = 'Seat2'
        session-type = ''
        active = FALSE
        x11-display = ''
        x11-display-device = ''
        display-device = '/dev/tty2'
        remote-host-name = ''
        is-local = FALSE
        on-since = '2007-04-03T16:58:40Z

even if I'm active on tty1.
gdm+X11 works as expected though:
Whenever I lock the screen, switch the user etc. the session is marked
non-active.

Besides that, do you want me to test any specific functionality?

Cheers,
Michael

P.S:
Would it be possible to preserve the state during consolekit upgrades/restarts?
consolekit could store it's state in /var/lib/ on stop and reevalute
it on start.

It's a bit unfortunate atm that I have to log out / log in each time
console-kit-daemon is restarted.
universe are pointed away from Earth?