Next CK release?

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 11:26:14 PDT 2007

2007/4/3, William Jon McCann <mccann at jhu.edu>:
> On 4/3/07, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Only problem I noticed is, that using the pam_ck_connector module, always
> > lists the session as ACTIVE=FALSE, is-local = FALSE:
> >
> > Session1:
> >         uid = '1000'
> >         realname = 'Michael Biebl'
> >         seat = 'Seat2'
> >         session-type = ''
> >         active = FALSE
> >         x11-display = ''
> >         x11-display-device = ''
> >         display-device = '/dev/tty2'
> >         remote-host-name = ''
> >         is-local = FALSE
> >         on-since = '2007-04-03T16:58:40Z
> >
> > even if I'm active on tty1.
> > gdm+X11 works as expected though:
> > Whenever I lock the screen, switch the user etc. the session is marked
> > non-active.
>
> That's odd.  The only time that the pam module should report is-local
> == FALSE is when PAM_RHOST is set.  This should only happen for remote
> logins.
>
> Are you sure you don't have an old version of the pam module or the
> connector lib somewhere?  We changed the install dir defaults
> recently.

=========
       if (pam_get_item (pamh, PAM_RHOST, (const void **) &s) ==
PAM_SUCCESS && s != NULL) {
                remote_host_name = s;
                if (opt_debug) {
                        ck_pam_syslog (pamh, LOG_INFO, "using '%s' as
remote-host-name", remote_host_name);
                }
                is_local = FALSE;
        }
=========
Apr  3 20:16:54 pluto login[2615]: pam_ck_connector(login:session):
using '' as remote-host-name
Apr  3 20:16:54 pluto login[2615]: pam_ck_connector(login:session):
using 1000 as uid

=========

It seems, as if I get an empty s string instead of NULL.
Could this be, because the Debian/Ubuntu version of pam is still at 0.79?
My PAM programming skills are very limited so I'm only guessing here.

> Otherwise this is probably a good time to see if the new debugging
> system works.  Run:
> pkill -USR1 -f console-kit-daemon
>
> and then do another login and see what syslog puts in your daemon
> facility output.

Works great. Enabling gives my a lot of output in /var/log/syslog.
Disabling works fine, too.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?