addon-input starts twice for input devices with key and switch bit set

Robert Gerlach khnz at khnz.de
Tue Apr 10 00:34:10 PDT 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007 22:23:10 Danny Kukawka wrote:
> On Montag, 9. April 2007, Robert Gerlach wrote:
> > i have written a linux driver for the tablet notebook, thats reports the
> > tablet buttons (key) and display rotation (switch) events over the input
> > subsystem. My problem is, hal starts the addon-input helper twice, so all
> > dbus messages are duplicated.
>
> What kind of Tablet PC? Which model? What events do you get? Please provide
> lshal output.

Sorry, "the tablet notebook" should be "my tablet notebook", it's a Fujitsu
Siemens LifeBook T4010D. There is a special device (acpi id: FUJ02BF) for the
tablet buttons and the display rotation switch. My drivers registered an
input device and sends events from this special device to the input subsystem
(7 keys and one switch).

http://www.khnz.de/fsc_btns/lshal.txt (Device 2 and 3)

> Which driver? Kernel module?

There is no official kernel support for the tablet stuff, my current devel
version is there:

http://www.khnz.de/fsc_btns/

Another question, it seems that it's impossible for hal to handle two or more
switch events (button with state) from one input device (but it's possible in
the kernel). If it right?

robert