device model wakeup

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Apr 11 13:00:50 PDT 2007

Hi,

First off, let me say that I'm not looking at the latest hal at the
moment. In my hal, I see a lot of:

  usb_device.can_wake_up = true  (bool)

etc. However, the device model allows any kind of device to have a
non-empty power/wakeup file. Is there anything planned that would allow
changing the contents of those files via hal? Right now, I'm not sure
how the usb_device.can_wake_up properties are created, but I think that
there should be power.can_wake_up and power.may_wake_up in accordance to
the kernel device model.

It has been proposed to move the ACPI wakeup options to new platform
devices like "lid" or "button" etc. so a nice UI that showed all devices
that can trigger wakeup would be great. However, this requires hal
involvement.

Thoughts? Ideas? Patches welcome?

johannes