IBM (and other) quirks mixed up?

Zack Cerza zcerza at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 14:50:25 PDT 2007

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 18:21 -0400, Zack Cerza wrote:
>
>> The solution for ATI chips they recommended was the s3_bios quirk.
>> Only the IBM quirks file [1] lists the quirks for my laptop (2525) as
>> vbe_post and vbestate_restore. I don't know if there are somehow other
>> 2525s that need those quirks and not s3_bios, but I do know the
>> current fdi file is broken for mine.
>>

> Is the 2525 always the same video card? If so, then we should just
> change the fdi to what works for you. Patches gleefully accepted! ;-)

I'd "guess" that 2525s all had 915s, but I can't say for sure. I did a
little bit of googling, but had no luck getting a real answer.

Even if in this particular case we can safely base our video-related
assumptions based on the model number, I'm willing to bet there is some
foolish vendor that breaks that. Is it possible to match on model number
*and* video chip/driver?

<snip>

Zack