pm-suspend: should use quirks by default

Terry Barnaby terry at beam.ltd.uk
Wed Dec 5 13:09:19 PST 2007

Hi,

I have been having problems in getting a Thinkpad R52 to work with the
new pm-utils system. I have fixed this now by adding quirk info
to the fdi data base.

However, I have some command line scripts that call pm-suspend.
These used to work with Fedora Core 6 but with the new pm-utils in
Fedora 8 they no longer work as the pm-suspend/pm-hibernate etc commands
do not use the quirks database by default.

I believe these commands should be changed to use the databadse by
default unless a suitable command line option (--manual ?) is used.
It is not reasonable to have special pm-suspend calls with appropriate
arguments depending on the system type.

Cheers

Terry