[patch] quirks and keymap for Acer TravelMate 430

Carlos Corbacho carlos at strangeworlds.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 09:48:29 PST 2007

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 16:46:04 Danny Kukawka wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2007, Mau wrote:
> > Please note that:
> > - in order to get all the scancodes from the keys either the acerhk
> > (poll=0) or the omnibook (ectype=1) module is needed; unfortunately a
> > fully supporting project doesn't exist for this laptop:

Not entirely true - I'm in the process of getting Dmitry (the Linux input
subsystem maintainer) to add the quirk which enables the scancodes to the
input tree.

If you can give me the output of:

dmidecode --string system-manufacturer
dmidecode --string system-product-name

I'll put it on my list of known hardware that needs this.

As for the rest of the stuff - maybe wistron_btns could handle it?

> @Carlos: any comments on the keymapping part?

Looks fine to me - although some whitespace damage to the C300 entry appears
to have crept in.

Also, any comments referencing 'TravelMate 435' should just be 'TravelMate
430', since the series will not differ in anything important to hal-info.

-Carlos
E-Mail: carlos at strangeworlds.co.uk
Web: strangeworlds.co.uk
GPG Key ID: 0x23EE722D