Missing udi strings

shankar grep shankar.grep at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 22:31:45 PST 2007

Hi,

i am running hal-0.5.10 on  arm architecture with kernel 2.6.20. Other
packages{hal-info-20071030, udev-117, lib-volume-0.77}.
I am interested in getting the udi strings when a new device is added (
especially usb pen drives). In my program i am using libhal to get the udi
strings.

Now the problem.

1> I dont get udi strings for some flash drives {eg Transcend 1GB pen
drive}. So when this is inserted my program cannot detect it and mount.

2> Sometimes the udi strings go missing for even the flash drives that are
detected  usually...

The strange thing is i get all udis on my PC (x86) when the pen drive(s) is
inserted and removed....

Any suggestions as how to make hald to give all the udi strings for
insertion and removal of a pen drive will be helpful...
Thanks in advance.

shankar