Tablet PCs with Wacom tablet device

Gilles Dartiguelongue dartigug at
Sat Feb 3 14:47:18 PST 2007

Hi list,

I'd like to revive an old discussion about getting some infos related to
tablet PCs into hal. I've found this thread in the archives : but
looking at device list with hal-device-manager, there is a "Wacom Serial
Tablet PC Pen Tablet/Digitizer" but it is unclear how it can be used.

Following a post that was sent to, I'd like to patch
gnome apps to react correctly when installed on a tablet PC (launching
virtual keyboard, rotating correctly, ...)

The post mentions the following patches :

I'd be interested in knowing whether it's pertinent to do this or not
and if not, how to use what's currently in hal to achieve similar
Gilles Dartiguelongue
Élève Ingénieur ESIEE, 5ème année
Majeure Informatique