HAL problems when unmounting after physical removal of usb key

kareemy kareemy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:03:19 PST 2007

On 2/8/07, Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka at web.de> wrote:

> On Thursday 08 February 2007 22:06, kareemy wrote:
> > Yes. My bug seems pretty much exactly like that one. Does Danny's
> attached
> > patch actually fix this or just suppress the error message from
> > addon-storage?
>
> No, I doesn't fix the whole Problem, but it stop the addon if the device
> get
> removed and stop also fill syslog with messages every two seconds. But as
> said: this can be maybe already fixed in HAL git via other changes as e.g.
> in
> the hot-/coldplug workflow.
>
> Danny

I just tried the latest HAL git and the same exact problem occured. Then I
applied v2 of the patch you provided above and just added a goto out; line
right after HAL_ERROR so that it would stop addon-storage (otherwise I was
still getting the repeating error message). I am linking a hald log with the
patch against the latest HAL git since it gives me a new error now. I hope
it can provide some more insight. Here is the situation again:

--> Insert USB key
# pmount /dev/sdb1
--> Remove USB key
(Removed usb key stays in the HAL GDL)