New to HAL andconfused.

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Thu Jan 4 15:38:55 PST 2007

I am running Debian Unstable and am trying to get my new digital camera
properly recognised when it is plugged in as a camera by KDE (which at
the moment thinks its an unidentified mountable storage device).

I have copied the example

doc/conf/match-USB-camera.fdi into the configuration directory and
adjusted it for the vendor and product id of my camera.

However one of the things it does is a match on info.bus="usb"

Looking at my system through the KDE version of hal-device-manager my
camera seems to have info.bus="usb_device".

I have looked through the spec at
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/spec/hal-spec.html

and "usb_device" doesn't seem a valid value for the info.bus property.

How is this value set? and why is it not a value in the specification
(or the example for that matter).

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk