better ALSA card name

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Jan 9 08:04:41 PST 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 16:36, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> As your patch looks you use a older version of HAL code (nearly a half year
> old). I would propose you test your hardware with a newer HAL version or
> HAL git before we can discuss this code, since we had some changes in the
> ALSA code.

Argh. I did a CVS up in my hal dir to be sure to be up to date but didn't
consider that you don't use CVS anymore...

I actually tested it with the Ubuntu package from edgy (0.5.7.1-0ubuntu17),
where I added the patch to the debian dir. Is that recent enough?

From the few tests I could make (one internal soundcard, two external USB
soundcards) it seems that it's only USB devices where the information is too
sparse. My internal soundcard is easy to recognize from the output of HAL.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de