better ALSA card name

Davide Ferrari vide80 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 13:55:44 PST 2007

On 31/01/2007, at 22:34, David Zeuthen wrote:

>> Without this patch on my computer:
>> card 1: Intel
>> card 2: io2
>> card 3: default
>>
>> With this patch:
>> card 1: HDA Intel
>> card 2: Alesis io|2
>> card 3: C-Media USB Headphone Set
>
> I've committed this patch for now. Thanks.

I attach here to ask a question about soundcards and HAl. Is there a
way to define the default soundcard when there are more than just
one? and more specifically, is there a way to define that all usb
sound cards, when plugged in, should be the the default playback
device, for example?
Think about USB headset, they are very common nowadays and usually
when a user plug an headset in is because he's willing to use it now