[patch] Create a new device_pm.{c|h} for internal use

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Jul 3 16:02:47 PDT 2007

On Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 00:23 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> > Sorry, please don't missunderstand this, but I hate this way of
> > discussion in the back of the mailing list if there are such massive
> > changes.
>
> Code refactoring?

Yes also this.

> > There should
> > be a way to discuss this via the ML so that other ppl/developer can
> > comment on such changes. I don't speak about small fixes, but about this
> > kind of movements/architecture changes.
>
> Danny, with respect, I've spent much time in the past trying to get
> battery refactoring done, all of which bitrotted. David is too busy to
> get a few hours turn around time, and some of us have things to achieve
> in a limited timeframe.

And with the same respect, we all have to do things in limited timeframes and
do more than sitting the whole time in front of a computer or work on the
same project.
You could have mailed the patches to this list for comments (again?). On day
more or less make no difference. Everybody of us do this ... we all have from
time to time (several) patches waiting for comments or to get included ...

Besides this I don't like the off-ML discussions about patches which are not
on the ML.

Danny