Extra battery properties

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:40:42 PDT 2007

Hi Richard,

2007/7/3, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> Guys,
>
> For the OLPC battery, we can extract more properties from the battery.
> Which of these make sense to expose in HAL? None is a valid answer :-)
>
> battery.temperature
> battery.is_dead
> battery.is_overheat
>
> Comments please,

UPSes (through NUT - Network UPS Tools) also exposes these:
- battery.temperature => battery.temperature
- battery.is_dead => ups.status contains RB (Replace Battery)
- battery.is_overheat => nothing standardized

NUT also exposes various other temperature (depending upon the exact device):
- ups.temperature
- ambient.temperature.*
see http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/nut/tags/v2.2.0/docs/new-names.txt?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Also check the above link for the full list of NUT supported battery data.

Arnaud
Ubuntu Media Center (UMC) Project Leader - https://launchpad.net/~umc-team