Problem with HAL introspection

Daniel Machado cdanielmachado at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 05:41:59 PDT 2007

Hi.
I need "usb storage inserted" notifications in my application.
I am trying to use HAL for that purpose, by registering to the
"DeviceAdded" signal that is specified on the
org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager interface.

The problem is that when I perform introspection on the
/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager object, it only prints the method names,
not the signal names.

I do introspection using the following command:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal
/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager
org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect

But, as I said, signal names are not printed.
Can anyone help, please?

Daniel