Logitech mouse information FDI and question

Andreas Schneider mail at cynapses.org
Fri Jul 13 14:03:58 PDT 2007

Nicolas Trangez wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 09:26 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>> I'm developing a library which can be used by HAL to change the
>> resolution or get the battery status of some mice.
> I know. Problem is currently lomoco-svn doesn't provide any of these
> features yet, afaik. I don't think linking hald to liblomoco would ever
> be accepted, especially since triggering the (vendor-specific) USB
> control messages isn't too difficult code, you just need to know which
> usb control messages to send and what to do with the return values.

Some time ago I've asked if I should develop the Logitech features for
hal or continue the lomoco project. The answer was I should continue
developing lomoco cause hal could link against it.

It isn't as trivial as you think with usb control messages. You have
different devices. Corded mice, receivers with cordless mice and and you
have the new devices which provide two HID interfaces. To such a HID
interface you have to talk with raw kernel ioctls.

> Nicolas

	-- andreas

--
http://www.cynapses.org/ - cybernetic synapses